Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Mom's B'Day and Anniversary!


Today, 12th of January is my Mom's birthday and my parent's anniversary!! It's on the same day, and they are both very special so we're probably going out for dinner on the weekends. My Mom recently got an iPhone 3G from Dad, so she asked my sister and I for an iPhone case. I know, it sort of spoils the whole surprise present thing, but I guess it's better than buying Mom something that she doesn't want. Today, I woke up and was still so drowsy and all I could think about was sleep(huh, what kind of daughter am I?) but then suddenly a streak of lightning crossed my mind and I remembered that it was Mom's birthday. So I shouted out "Happy birthday, Mom!" and Mom replied "Thanks!" from the kitchen. And for breakfast, we had this special Korean meal that you're supposed to eat on your Birthday. But while I was eating, I couldn't help thinking how different my birthday and Mom's was. Our family couldn't even eat breakfast together because Dad came home late last night and he woke up late. So my sister and I ate by ourselves. And it was Mom's birthday! Also, it was a busy school day so my Mom still had to wake up early and cook. She couldn't really make a big birthday breakfast in the morning, so there wasn't much special dishes, unlike my birthday where there's almost eight or nine different things to eat. Even if it's on a school day. And I'm complaining about my birthday! I should seriously go home and sincerely wish Mom a happy birthday, and a happy anniversary. And after dinner, I hope Mom bought the cake so we could sing her happy birthday and she could cut the cake and feel special and good. I mean, not like my family don't appreciate or ignore Mom's birthday or anything, but it was just so..different and less grand than my sister's or mine's. On the weekend, when we're out for dinner, maybe Dad would take us out to a hotel for dinner and it would be grand and fancy!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOM!

1 comment:

Gordon said...

Is the "special meal" the seaweed soup? I'm korean like you too. Other korean classmates know me already, so I just want to keep in touch with the Korean people. What kind of delicacies do you at in your and your sister's birthday?