Monday, January 4, 2010

2nd day in Bali

I woke up at 8:00 a.m., even more frazzled out than the first day, due to all the swimming. I seriously could not wake up, but my Mom made me wake up, constantly saying "Wake Up!". I had a big, big day scheduled for me...fun...I ate Rice Krispies for breakfast, then had to leave right-away. We had a guide and a car ready for us. But the car was very, very hot. The A.C. would not reach and go to the back part of the car, where I was sitting. So we drove, and drove, me sweating. And after a bazillion hours, we stopped in front of a shop selling Batik, wood bowls and dishes, wood toys, massaging oils, etc. At least it was air-conditioned there. I bought an impossibly silky scarf there, which I loved. My sister bought presents for her best friends, and my Mom bought a lot of other this and that. After shopping for about 1 hour, we left the shop, to go to the Monkey park. It was like, a small hiking trail with monkeys all around, walking freely. Our guide told us NOT to buy bananas or else monkeys would jump on you for the bananas. So we didn't. And mighty good thing too, for the monkeys really did grab on peoples' clothes for bananas. There was one time I was really freaked out. I was near a pool designed for monkeys, when I looked back and this monkey was running towards my way. I screamed and ran for the guide. The monkey scurried to this other way, but if I was still where I was, the monkey would've actually touched me. It might not sound scary, but it was. My Mom didn't come with us-she doesn't like monkeys that much. After we hiked about 15 minutes, we came back to the car, totally freaked out. Especially the kids(me, my sister, mom's friends' son.)

The next stop was lunch. We went to a very famous pork rib restaurant, and it was packed! And very, very hot. There was a very long line, and it was already about 3:00 p.m., so I was very hungry. I couldn't wait until to sit down and eat! Soon enough, we sat down on a table. People were already sitting there, but they were finishing up, so we thought "okay, they're almost done." But nooooooo, they ordered a second round of pork ribs!!! We waited for about 40 minutes, waiting for them to finish eating. I thought they were a bit rude, because tons of people were waiting outside and they knew that too, but they finished every single piece of pork, and they ate slowly, not even trying to eat quick for the next people to sit and eat. We finished eating at the time of 4:30.

Then we went to a museum right next to the restaurant. It was an art museum, with paintings and carvings of famous Balinese artists. It was an eclectic collection of different paintings. People dancing, Balinese people's everyday lives, the Hindu Gods...so that was pretty cool. The last stop was the Kecak dance. But it wasn't like what I expected. There was a little explanation, but the words weren't printed well so I couldn't make a word out of it. Because I don't know much about the Kecak, I didn't understand anything, so it was a bit boring. But there was one part totally dangerous!!! A guy started a fire, then a guy threw himself on the fire and kicked the fire all around, then repeated that 3 times!! 3!! Was that part of the show??? But wouldn't it hurt and burn???? Ouch...

So there went my 2nd day in Bali...I couldn't wait for the 3rd one!!

3 comments:

Maya ♥ said...

Honestly!! It sounds like you are having a great time! So much text!! :D Pork ribs are delicious!! - Happy Bunny

Nadia Kalindas said...

Hi Hyun Jin I love Bali sooo much. My family has been to the Monkey place too and one of the monkeys sat on my mom's shoulder.

Gordon said...

Hi. I'm a student from T.A.S and just checking out this blog because I assume you're korean, which I am too. I also went to Bali before, it was wonderful. And just want to ask you something:What are rice krispies made of and what do they taste like?