Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Traumatic Experience

Oh, god...suddenly I'm thinking I'm so fortunate. Why?

Just before 3rd period, I was walking to Homeroom. Santi was strolling behind, and he tried to grab the handle of his classroom, p-4. Then, somebody pushed open the door from the inside, and the door smashed into Santi's head. HARD. He backfired, and he fell to the ground. Blood spurted out everywhere, and his hands were covered with it as well. More blood was coming. He started screaming. I would've too.

And how do I know this?
I was a witness.

And suddenly I think I'm so lucky not to be Santi. I'm lucky that I'm healthy. I sometimes pity myself, but considering what happened just a couple minutes ago...
I can't get the image out of my head. It's a traumatic experience, seeing somebody cut open their head. The bloody hands, the blood spurting out...Ugh.
I really hate going to the hospital. The strong scent of antiseptic, the tools on the doctor's tray, how anything can happen from simply getting assigned some cough syrup to surgery.

My sister had to get stitches once. We were fooling around on a bench at the mall, and I pushed her. She fell backwards and hit her head on the metal pillar behind. I got into a LOT of trouble. It couldn't even be compared with chastisement. My sister got 7 stitches, she forgave me and she didn't even cry during the stitches.

My sister is a saint.

2 comments:

Mickeyoung said...

Wow. That's really scary. :-( I heard Santi was bleeding but not that much. I think I'm very fortunate as well. :-)

alona beloussova said...

I can't believe that you were a witness! It must have been an extremely scary thing to see! I am also really fortunate now... :)