Friday, December 18, 2009

GO....BROMO!!!

Thursday, December 17th was Madness Day! Go Broooooommmmoooo! There was no classes today. Only fun! :D First, we had 2 activities to do. I had Badminton and Wacky Relay. Badminton was held in the lower part of the Big Gym. 

To be honest, I was hopeless at Badminton. I couldn't hit the ball over the net. I screwed up all the time. But my other two Bromo teammates were awesome at badminton. Especially this 8th grader, he was so good. So we played against Salak and Merapi, and won both of them. With Salak, it was a close match 21-20. But we killed Merapi for 23-18! At the end, we were tied with Krakatau for 1st place! Go Bromo! Yay!


My second activity was Wacky Relay. Now, this was fun. We had a crab-walk relay, an egg-and-spoon relay and a wheelbarrow relay. Now, Krakatau was really good at this. C'mon, Bromo! Beat Krakatau! I had to go twice for crab-walk. The whole time I was cheering for Bromo! I think Bromo did a good job. We came 3rd or 4th for crab-walk, came 1st or 2nd for egg-and-spoon relay and came 1st for wheelbarrow. Pretty good, eh?

After the two activities, we had a students-against-teachers basketball game. This time, I switched my gears to "Go 6th Graders!" 6th Graders creamed the teachers. 8-0. But I was surprised. Some teachers were really good at basketball, like Mrs. Schwartz and Mrs. Clark. I would have never thought of them playing basketball. But they were pretty good. Maybe even better than me, and I join GYBA(Girls Youth Basketball Association) every year. It was a thrilling game.

At last, the awarding of the cup! Who will get the Volcano cup for December 2009!!! Drumroll please! This was really a tense revelation! I crossed my toes, arms, fingers and legs and hoped that Bromo won the cup. Please, please, please! I closed my eyes and prayed for the best. And the cup goes to...Agung! Noooo! I was so disappointed-Bromo tried so hard. Noooo! I was dejected. But Bromo came third, and that counted for something, didn't it? The winning order was this:

First place: Agung
Second place: Krakatau
Third place: BROMO! YEAAHHH!
Fourth place: Salak
Fifth place: Rinjani
Sixth place: Merapi


At least Bromo came third and tried their best! Next time, Bromo will win!!! 

2 comments:

Michael said...

Nice update on Madness, but didn't you get one detail incorrect? Didn't RINJANI win the cup? Hmmm....maybe not.

I fly in 2 hours, so I'll be out of touch for a couple of days.

All the best, Hyun Jin, and be sure to comment on the blogs of others.

:-)
mh

Middle School Si Won said...

Hyun Jin, good that Bromo won the badminton, but did you say that you guys killed MERAPI???????? MERAPI is the best!!!! (i hope...)